Sunday, October 28, 2012

Olympic lifting matrix



I was training yesterday with a friend of mine, playing with GymAware Pro (with a Web support and BTW I am AMAZED how powerful this tool is) while doing olympic lifts. 

We were talking about different variations of the Olympic lifting (excluding the jerk) and I tried to explain to my friend the two criteria for the classifications: start position and catch position. What I came up with is the following matrix. I am not familiar if anyone wrote about this matrix before, but anyway I am posting it since I find it a nice tool to explain different variations of the lifts. 


If there is anything you love to add or critique or modify I would really love to hear it, so please be free to post it.

1 comment:

  1. I like it, not sure I would use all of them, but it is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete